Saturday, October 16, 2021

Blog: #13 Tim Liu 10/15/21

 Aim: How can we use “The Masque of the Red Death” Mask success criteria to construct a mask, which clearly reflects the assignment for my upcoming oral and visual presentation project?


During the beginning of the class we have to think of two things that could represent ourselves. We could use different colors, spirit animals, things in nature etc to symbolize us. Everyone has different personalities depending on what type of person they are. For myself the colors that symbolize me are Blue, Purple, and Green. I’m the type of person who questions the meaning of life and usually hopes for things to happen. Also, I am a very playful person but get confused often but I try to not get too violent and try to be calm or I won’t be able to control myself. I think this could help us understand both more about ourselves and how symbols could be used. 


After the Do-Now, our teacher explained our Project which is basically building and designing the mask with the supplies she had given us. To further explain the project we were invited to Prince Prospero and the markers and decorations all represent something which we can use for our masks. Something we could use to help us was the do-now we answered.  


For the mask we must make the mask easier for others to know what the person you are. We have to make a mask for our teams and our individual ones. For our project the criteria was that we must make the mask easier to understand our personalities and choose the correct color or items for the type of person we are. Replying to the aim I think we can use the short story written by Edgar Allan Poe to understand some symbolism left in the story. The story tells us what the color scarlet-black represents like pain, blood, and anger experienced by the Prince himself.


No comments:

Post a Comment